Pages

Sunday 6 April 2014

Frame picture

Inspired again by a project that Clare made recently (here), I made a little frame picture.  It is actually the lid off a box from Decoupatch.  The little flowerpot and bird I had in my stash, leftover from last summers 'little things' challenge; the sparkly flower is another resin project I made in hospital (in a craft group) a while ago- this time using a mould to hold the resin, rather than a used bottle top. 
The inside of the 'box' was painted with a tester pot of emulsion (duck egg blue, Crown, I think), while the outside was coated in Eggshell paint and then stamped on in acrylics (a purchase from Lidl yesterday, along with the groceries...!)
Not perfect, but I am on a 'learning curve' still with altered art and more 'arty' type projects. Wayyyy outside my comfort zone, although yesterday I had great fun getting paint everywhere :-)

4 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

oh louise, that is beautiful. well done for stepping out of your comfort zone!

Kathyk said...

Very cool project Louise - those testers are very handy aren't they?

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a great idea! Love it! Lx

Debs M said...

woohoo!! love this - well done you! x