Pages

Friday 24 September 2010

Untraditional Christmas

I thought I would try a new challenge blog and so had a look at the LOTV challenge. This week it is 'untraditional Christmas' and so I have used one of their Christmas bear images and made a purple and pink Christmas card.I have also made this card for this weeks MAWTT challenge, which is a 'to do list'. You have to cross off at least three items off the list. The three items I am crossing off are 1)button, 2)embossing (silver embossing powder on the snowflake), and 3)glitter. (I almost made a fourth, since I hand stitched round all the backing papers- this is not a new technique for me, but I haven't done it for about 6 months (I have been lazy and done faux stitching lately!) and so it is a change at least.)

6 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

This is a fabulous card Louise and I love the colours you have chosen to go with the image. The stitching has worked in very well and given it almost a patchwork feel. Glad to see the glitter, button and embossing.
Thankyou for joining in with my 'To Do List' challenge at MAWTT this week and good luck.
Luv Brenda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Louise this is cute. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Emma said...

So gorgeous, I love the image and colours.
Hugs Emma x

Anonymous said...

cute card!! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

cats whiskers said...

Thank you for joining us at LOTV this week your card is stunning
Hugs Jacqui

Dena said...

Perfect lavendar card! So much beautiful detail!
Thanks so much for joining the LOTV Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena