Pages

Friday 24 September 2010

200th post!!!

Well my first and 100th posts were for the I love Promarkers challenge and so my 200th post had to be as well didn't it? Not an easy week to make two lost of cards for this challenge either- the dreaded 'white on white'! I'm not so happy with this one as the angel cards I made a few days ago. Anyone know the best way of going round an image with a dark coloured PM to make it 'pop' for a snow scene at night? I ended up going round in a very dark blue and then running it in to the white a bit by blending with a very light blue.

This is only the second time I have tried to make a step card too- I think next time I will fiddle with the dimensions to get the side steps a bit taller, if you know what I mean.

10 comments:

Kathyk said...

But it turned out just super - congratulations on your 200th post too.

Kathyk

Debs M said...

i think it looks fab, i have seen some people use a charcoal grey colour but i would def experiment first! x oh and congrats on reaching 200 x

Clare Lloyd said...

that is great louise and well done on 200 posts. doesn't time fly!! x

Karen said...

Hi Louise
Thanks for making us your 200th post, hope we'll be your 300th too....lol, This is lovely Louise, I use pastel blue for outlining my images, thanks for jining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

katesacraftybugger said...

lovely card , I also use the pastel blue for outlining my images but that's generally for daytime images ,I don't think I've really seen any done to give a night-time effect, I guess I will have to experiment .Thanks for joining us at I♥ promarkers this week -Kate x

Emma said...

Wow such a fabulous card, love the image and folds.
Hugs Emma x

Tine said...

Hi Louise. Glad you love our challenges so much! The image is just fine.. most cards are all but experiments really anyway aren't they, or how would our colouring develop? Glad you have joined us at I ♥ Promarkers this week, and here's to you playing along up to your 300th mark too.
Tine :)

Julie said...

A gorgeous card, lovely shape and image. I generally do the outline with a pastel blue, or a cool grey for a darker look. Congrats on your 200th post and thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers again.
Julie x

My name is Wynneth said...

Didn't it turn out well!! Great stepper card and lovely image. Thanks for playing along with us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Lorraine said...

That's really lovely. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.