Pages

Sunday 11 July 2010

LGS challenge 10th July

This weeks sketchie on the LGS group (CB) was set by GDT Kathy and the twist was that it had to be a Christmas card and include thread somewhere. There are some fabulous creations already for this challenge and they include different ways of using thread on a card, which has given me ideas for the future.I will enter this card into this weeks I love Promarkers challenge, which is distressing. I have torn the papers and matting layers round the image, inked the edges and background of the image, and inked and glittered the edges of the side panel. The snowflakes were die cuts I had bought which I decorated with white and then silver ink and finally glitter. The thread is left over cross stitch white thread which I have tried to colour silver with ink.
I will also enter this card into the ABC Christmas challenge 'N is for Noel' (sorry I have not managed the optional extra of embossing on this card). The image and backing paper is from the candy which I won from Helen's blog from the half way there blog hop- thankyou!

13 comments:

Kathyk said...

It's just lovely Louise - a worthy entry for your chosen challenges.

Kathyk

Debs M said...

gorgeous card, love the colours and that mouse is so cute! x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Lovely card Louise. Thank you for entering ABC Christmas challenge and hope to see you next time.
Hugs
Cathy (Guest Designer)
xxxxx

Karen said...

Lovely Louise and such a cute image too, love the snowflakes too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Clare Lloyd said...

lovely card louise. what a cute little mouse, that's another xmas card done then!! ClareX

Anonymous said...

Super card Louise, the image is really sweet and fab distressing ! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

Lorraine said...

That's a really sweet card. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Tine said...

Hi Louise, and what a totally adorable mouse! Love it!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

WeirdCat said...

This is soooo cute,thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,
Ruth x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card hunny! I love this cute Image I had to buy that one I loved it sooo much! love the colours too! and don't worry about the extra as its optional :)
Thanks for joining in with us at our ABC Christmas challenge Samantha :)

Squirrel x said...

Great card hun, love it, and thanks for playing at ABC CC this time around. Hugs, Sxx

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card :-) the image is adorable and the papers and colours you used are perfect :-)

thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Helen said...

Adorable!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x