Pages

Sunday 21 August 2011

Inspiration from crafting friends

I wanted to try something different today and I am a huge admirer of the cards which Katie makes on her blog. I recently won a copy of Quick Cards made easy in which she had two articles and so I thought why not try and make a couple of cards of a similar style. I was looking through the Pink Petticoat blog yesterday too and found this fab freebie download which I have used.
The papers are from Papermania and the cardboard is recycled off a box- can't say it is an old box as it was one I was meant to be packing my things into for moving house soon, but a bit missing from the side in the name of crafting can't be too bad can it? The tissue paper really is recycled from a present that came wrapped in it at Christmas (lucky I hoard things isn't it?).

The digis are coloured with Promarkers and there are 3 tiny gems added to the flowers on the bird for sparkle (a bit hard to see in the picture unfortuantly). I have added little bits of detail round the edge of the card with a black fineliner and inked the edges of the papers in black. The concertina flowers I have tried to make before but they didn't turn out that good in the past. I saw an amazing flower on a card which Wynneth made for this weeks CMLI challenge and so had to give them another go. The trick is using a long enough piece of paper (which I probably didn't and certainly didn't do in the past either).

I'm fairly pleased with these cards and had great fun making them. It is a style which I found I thought I could add what I wanted and there was no 'right' or 'wrong' which was lovely and freeing, if you get what I mean. I'll be testing out with cards like this again in the future I think!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kathyk said...

Simply lovely Louise and I agree - Katie's work IS fab

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

I think your cards are amazing Louise. You've perfectly captured Katie's great style with these cards. Top job! They look great. Lx

Chrissy said...

Two fabulous cards Louise.Great details, really lovely.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Debs M said...

these are lovely, those flowers are great x

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous cards Louise, well done on creating those lovely rosettes :o) I really like the bird image and love how you used the recycled cardboard in your design. I love Katie's work too, she is so fantastically creative.
hugs
wynneth
x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh my word! These are just amazing! You have made me so proud :) If you created these from my inspiration...WOW! I'm seriously speechless!
Katie x

Mary J said...

Hello Louise! Hope you are having a good week and plsd you are enjoying the Pollycrafts blog hop!!

What a great great card - I luuuurve your flowers and how you've used that PP digi!

Liz McGuire, said...

These are really cool, love them both,

Liz x