Pages

Monday 11 July 2011

Hippo Hugs

I just love this image (and quite a lot of the others by Meljen's Designs (lol!)) and thought it would be Ok for an anniversary card for my parents. I really hope they don't look at my blog, but I have a feeling that they've forgotten about it at the moment. Anyway, I have followed the sketch from this weeks CMLI challenge, set by Lauren, which had the theme of shabby chic. I'm always at a loss as to what this is exactly. I see a lot of the other cards have lots of stitching on them, but after doing a lot of sewing last week by hand on a card I decided to go for the faux option this time. I have also got out my DI and distressed the edges after ripping them. For some reason my printer was having a weird turn too, by printing in pink even though I selected black cartridge only. I think the pink is OK on this card though, luckily!
This card also follows the recipe from this weeks CES challenge (1 image, 2 ribbons (lace and twine) and 3 designer papers) and the theme of this weeks Cute Card Thursday challenge (lace).

8 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well I reckon you've nailed shabby chic Louise and you're right, that image is just adorable. Perfect in fact... Lx

Kathyk said...

Smashing card Louise, love that hippo and fab papers

Kathyk

CraftyC said...

I love this card. Think its great for an anniversary to. Fab colours. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
Clairexx

Kathyk said...

Just checked out the travel blog of your folks - FABULOUS photos of New Zealand

KAthyk

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Another stunner of a card! I like the pink sentiment and to look at it, it doesn't look like faux stitching at all. It looks so realistic and you are so right, such a cute image.
Katie x

Kathyk said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog Louise. We have been tempted back to Australia and New Zealand (we were there Setpember/October 2008) and even found a fabulous stamp shop in Christchurch! We also visited the hot springs of Rotorua! We started the NZ leg of our tour in Auckland and worked our south but only as far as Christchurch - maybe next time!

Kathyk

Kruemel said...

What a cute image and I love the stitching you did on your card!

Thanks for joining our lace challenge at Cute Card Thursday!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Clare Lloyd said...

so pretty louise and a very cute image. x