Pages

Monday, 11 July 2011

Hippo Hugs

I just love this image (and quite a lot of the others by Meljen's Designs (lol!)) and thought it would be Ok for an anniversary card for my parents. I really hope they don't look at my blog, but I have a feeling that they've forgotten about it at the moment. Anyway, I have followed the sketch from this weeks CMLI challenge, set by Lauren, which had the theme of shabby chic. I'm always at a loss as to what this is exactly. I see a lot of the other cards have lots of stitching on them, but after doing a lot of sewing last week by hand on a card I decided to go for the faux option this time. I have also got out my DI and distressed the edges after ripping them. For some reason my printer was having a weird turn too, by printing in pink even though I selected black cartridge only. I think the pink is OK on this card though, luckily!
This card also follows the recipe from this weeks CES challenge (1 image, 2 ribbons (lace and twine) and 3 designer papers) and the theme of this weeks Cute Card Thursday challenge (lace).
Post a Comment