Pages

Saturday 9 July 2011

Celebrations!

This week is the 100th week of the Pollycraft challenge! Their theme is celebrations with an optional extra of stars and stripes. I found this material whilst I was away on holiday in Devon last weekend and it is perfect for this challenge- star and stripes in the colours blue, white and red. I guess it should be for a 4th July card, but I'm too late for that and wouldn't have anyone to send it to anyway. For this card I have used a Pollycraft Swings and Slides image. For some reason I really wanted stitching on this card and since I don't have a sewing machine I spent quite a few nights this week stitching it by hand (OK, I'm slow and I only had an hour or less each night to do it!). I hope it is worth the effort.
I will also enter the card into this weeks Do it With Digis challenge (spots and/or stripes) when blogger allows me!
A BIG thankyou to Katie, who sent me this lovely 'handmade by' stamp for my birthday. I have been using it today for the first time.

6 comments:

Faye said...

Oh what a fab layout and the soft colours are so pretty. xxx

Mary J said...

Gorgeous! I love your layout! Thx for joining us at Pollycrafts Monday!

Mary J x

Lou Mac said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the texture and the layout is fab!! Gorgeous handmade stamp - what every card maker needs!!

Thanks for joining us over at Pollycraft for our '100th - Celebrations' Challenge this week!!

xo, Lou Mac.

Michelle said...

Hi lovely card and a cute image. Thanks for joining us at Do it with Digis.
Love Michelle x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Love, love, love this card Louise! Check out that fab stiching, you have so much more patience than me! My sewing machine works when it feels like it, so you are probably better off without one! Mine really does stress the life out of me! Even more so when the kids come darting through the living room with a trail of cotton only to find out they've pulled it from my machine ARRRGGGGHHHH!
I love how you used material on your card, I need to try that, thanks for the inspiration :)
Check out your stamp! That does look cool doesn't it! Do you have a macro (flower) on your camera? If you turn that on the picture should be much clearer. I love Macro, it's my fave!
Good luck with the challenge Louise and enjoy your stamp, you really are welcome :)

Katie x

Sharon said...

What a beautiful creation.
Thanks for joining us at Do It With Digi's this time.
Hugs Sharon x