Pages

Saturday 1 May 2010

Make your own flowers # 2

This weeks challenge on lgs (Craftbubble) was a sketch set by Karen and the twist was 'make your own flowers'. I made this card and since the challenges on DCD and Pollycraft are also 'make your own flowers' this week, I will enter this card there as well.The flowers are my first attempt at the ones which Karen gave a tutorial on DCD on how to make this week. I am really pleased with the outcome- especially as I didn't have the Sizzix die nor proper distressing inks and cut and dry foam (I made templates of the petals for myself and used an old ink pad for the distressing). It did take me over 3 hours to make the card though, so I think I will only be making those flowers for special occasions!

5 comments:

Debs M said...

gorgeous card, the flowers look fab!

Mummylade said...

lovely flowers in an amazing colour! Thank you so much for entering the DCD challenge this week and good luck!

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Stunning little flowers, beautiful colours too, lovely card Lou
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Nicola said...

Beautiful card and colour combo, your image and handmade flowers are gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

These flowers are stunning Louis. Back from Disney now and well and truely exhausted! No scarey rides unfortunately, with two little ones, the tea cups and small world is as good as it gets :) xx