Pages

Thursday, 6 May 2010

Here comes the sun!

This weeks Pollycraft challenge is 'here comes the sun!', although I think the sun has gone its holidays from here anyway. Not much sun in the last few days at all :(
Mum wanted me to decorate these flipflop boxes she got from Hobbycraft so she can put earrings in them and give them to her friend as a birthday present. I thought these symbolise sunshine completely, and I have also used bright sunny colours on them- pink and yellow. Inspired by the tutorial on Tales or Pollycraft for printing out digi images on different papers, I printed the 'make a wish' sentiment and 'duck with cake' image onto coloured paper, added colour with Promarkers, glitter and paper piecing (for the cake case). On the pink flipflop I added glossy accents to the top in the shape of a foot print to add some texture. The flower on the pink flipflop is handmade, using the DCD tutorial from last week.
Post a Comment