Pages

Friday 7 May 2010

Something Special

I made this card for the daughter of Mum's cousin, who's 21st birthday party my parents are going to in a few weeks time. I've never meet Lauren, but Mum and Dad have met her once before a few years ago. She has very severe Down's Symdrome. I wanted to make a special card with texture (hence the feathers) and sparkle (lots of bling and glitter), that she might be able to enjoy. Her father said one of the only things she is interested in is 'fashion'. Mum and I weren't quite sure what this meant, but I hope the sweet Tilda image, floral papers and ribbon fit the bill.
I will enter the card into this weeks DCD challenge (Tilda in Pink) and I love Promarkers Challenge (wings- Tilda has wings in this image). The flowers are made using the instructions from last weeks tutorial on DCD by Karen and they have been distressed with silver ink (which came off on my fingers when I was curling them!). The papers are new ones I got on Sunday, from the Papermania Capsule Collection and I have added glitter to them for added detail.
PS I was really pleased to come in the top 4 last week on DCD!!!!!!

8 comments:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is so beautiful Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful card Louise. The detail is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

Karen said...

Hi Louise
This is really gorgeous and I'm sure Lauren will love it too. You're doing brilliant with the flowers too. It's lovely to see so much texture on one card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Lorraine said...

Very pretty and your flowers are lovely. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

WeirdCat said...

Your cards get better every week, this is lovely,thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers
Ruth x

katesacraftybugger said...

very nice card ,I am sure Lauren will love it ,thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers

Victoria said...

gorgeous card Louise - those flowers are just beautiful

Thanks so much for playing along at Die Cut Dreams this week
Hugs
Victoria
x

Susie Sugar said...

Adorable card really beautiful Tilda, thanks for playing with us at DCD this week please come back soon
Hugs Susie & Vikki xx