Pages

Friday 12 March 2010

Torn flowers

I couldn't let Lauren down, by only making one card this week for WSC :) and so this is my second card! I used Missy- the download that the DT have used this week. I tried to colour her in different colours to what I have used before. I think I made a mistake on the sky and should have used a paler blue- I'll know for next time.I also wanted to try out the technique of making torn flowers, which I saw on Katie-Jane's blog 'Am I a Dreamer'. They were easy to make and I think I'll use them again! I used eyelets in the centres- much to the annoyance of my neighbours probably (I live in a flat and I think hammering in the eyelets is quite noisy when everyone else is so quiet!!!).

6 comments:

sharon said...

OOhhh, I ADORE this one, love the colouring!!, can I have it for our new customer gallery??..please?..and of course thanks for entering Missy in our WSC this week.x

Clare Lloyd said...

great cards, can't wait to see them in the gallery too! Good Luck. X

Craftyrose said...

Awesome Louise. I had to laugh about your eyelet story! I too had a noisy eyelet setter and had to get another as I would regularly start hammering in the evening!! xx

Karen said...

Another lovely one Louise, well done in making 2, thanks for joining us again at WSC.
xx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is gorgeous Louise, I'm so glad you gave the flowers a go and they've worked out brilliantly :) They really make this card stand out so well done xxx
Well done getting it into the customer gallery too! xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Har Har. No pressure then Louise. This is superb. I love the dotty paper, the gorgeous flowers and the way you've coloured Missy. It really is a lovely card and thanks for doing two for us this week. It just wouldn't seem right to have just one card from you TCL!! Lauren x