Pages

Sunday 7 March 2010

Distressing

This weeks sketchie on Lets Get Stamping (Craftbubble) was set by Karen and the twist was to include distressing. Since the current Pollycraft challenge is to make a card with distressing I will enter these cards for that as well.
I'm not that good at distressing and found it distressing not to be using straight edges! These are my attempts. I think it might help if I had the right equipment and some distressing inks, but I made do with what I had already.
One card uses Missy download from Willow Designs and the other uses a chick from Pink Petticoat. The embossing on the chick card was done by hand using an old brass embossing stencil from Papermania and a light box.

3 comments:

Sue said...

2 very lovely cards adn great distressing,thank you for joining us at pollycraft

sue
xx

Michele Roos said...

Such pretty cards Louise. Love the images you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at Pollycraft. Hugs Michele x

Unknown said...

Both wonderful cards Louise, great distressing. I think there is many of us that find tearing our gorgeous papers and not working with straight edges very distressing...lol, so your not alone.

Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft.

Hugs

Joanne xx