Pages

Thursday 18 March 2010

Sparkly duck

I made this card for this weeks I love Promarkers challenge, which is to follow the sketch and make your own backing papers. I find making my own backing papers from stamping, distressing or embossing quite a difficult task and rarely do it. However I felt brave last night and so stamped and heat embossed some white card with presents in silver and dots (freehand) in Cosmic Shimmer turquiose. I'm not very good at heat embossing- it usually turns out messy. I think I might need an anti-static bag.The image is from Pollycraft and i really adore their ducks! This is a new one and is great for both birthdays and Easter. This weeks Pollycraft challenge is to make a card with sparkle. I think I have done that here, with the shiny heat embossed backing paper and the glitter glue on the cake icing.

6 comments:

Julie said...

This is so sweet, and the backing is fab. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

Julie x

Karen said...

Awwwww what a cute image Louise, great backing paper too. Thanks for joining us again at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Kim Sonksen said...

What a FAB idea to use the outline stickers to create your background

lbwright22-loopylou said...

It's not outline stickers, but a stamp and heat embossing, although using outline stickers would have been a lot easier!!!

WeirdCat said...

Great way to make the background, lovely card, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers
Ruth x

LISA said...

Such a pretty card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Hugs Lisa xx