Pages

Sunday 11 September 2011

Spooky Surprise

Last Tuesday for Tuesday Treats Paula from Pollycraft had three digi images for 99p with the catch that you couldn't see them before you bought them. I couldn't wait to find out what the new releases looked like and so had to buy them and they are fab-three new Halloween type images. This is the Luna Bitterfrost one. I used my new sewing machine for the first time on this card to add stitching to the patchwork panel and you can see from the results that I need A LOT more practice!! The threads keep getting in a messy and I don't think I have the thread tension right yet, but it was fun.
I will enter the card into the following challenges- CES (magical or spooky), I love Promarkers (metal embellishment- paperclip and star), Cute Card Thursday (at the office- staples and paperclip) and Passion for Promarkers (patchwork).
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Debs M said...

ooh i bought these too but haven't printed them off, which sewing machine did you get , i have the john lewis one x

Julie said...

Gorgeous card - fab papers and great patchworking! Thanks for joining in our challenge at PFP this week, Juliexx

Emma said...

Another fabulous card hun...great patchwork.
Thanks for joining us at PFP & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

That is a good offer. It's been such a long time since I've worked with images, I must pop along and have a peek me thinks!
Sewing machines are tricky aren't they? I hope you figure it all out but in the mean time I love the grungy feel it gives. I used to get so frustrated that my machine would not do one full circuit without at least 2 mistakes, in the end I gave up and went for the worn/grungy/vintage look myself.
Fingers crossed for you Louise.
Katie xx

WeirdCat said...

Great card, love the stitching on it, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Julie said...

A fab card, lovely patchwork. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Julie W x

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a fab day, happy crafting, Debxx