Pages

Thursday 8 April 2010

H is for Holly

This weeks challenge on ABC Christmas is 'H is for Holly' and there is an optional sketch to follow. I like doing sketches and so followed it to make this card, although some of the elements have been moved around slightly. The image is 'keeping warm' from Willow design Stamps and he has bits of holly peeping out of the stocking. I have also added paper holly leaves to the front of the card as embellishments.Since this week the theme for the I love Promarkers challenge is animals (and there is no sketch) I will enter this card into that challenge too. (I think that Walter the Owl is an animal.) If I have time I will try and make a second card for this challenge.

13 comments:

Karen said...

Great Christmas card Louise, perfect for this weeks challenge too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Clare Lloyd said...

good luck in both the challenges! X

Anonymous said...

Fab card Louise, looks like you're getting a head start on Christmas too ! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

Julie said...

A lovely card Louise, Walter is so cute. A good iudea to get started on Christmas cards early. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Julie x

My name is Wynneth said...

This is such a cute image :o) Thanks for joining us on I ♥ ProMarkers :o)

hugs
wynneth
x

Helen said...

Fab card - love the image you've used!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Lorraine said...

Ha, ha, a Chrissy card in April. Classic!!! It's super. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

LISA said...

Great card and I love the colour combination. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

WeirdCat said...

Yep Walter the owl is very much an animal in our eyes, great card and well done with getting on with Christmas cards, wish I was that organised, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers
Ruth x

Delphine said...

Great Christmas card and lovely image! Thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Hugs Delphine (GDT) xx

Annie said...

love the cute image on your card! thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Christmas blog.
hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

love this one and the image too! love the way you have interpreted Helens sketch too! thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge Samantha :0)

Squirrel x said...

Great card, thanks for playing with us at ABC Christmas H Challenge. Hugs, Squirrel x