Pages

Friday 30 April 2010

Chris's Birthday Card

It's my brother's, Chris, birthday in about a week and a bit and so I thought I'd better get on and make him a card. This download from Pollycraft suits him really well since he likes nothing more than to slump in front of the box (TV) at times. Even better though, is that all the money from this download goes to YAA (Yorkshire Air Ambulance). There are more details on this lady's blog, who is trying to raise money for YAA in memory of her father. I think it is such a incredible thing to do and I'm sure her father would be very proud if he knew.I will also enter the card into this weeks I love Promarkers challenge, because I have used their sketch. I have made a swing type card for the first time- I saw the card blanks to buy in a catalogue and had a go at making it myself- not sure I have got the dimensions right, but I will try it agian another time.

9 comments:

katesacraftybugger said...

great man- card and clever interpretation of our sketch. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. x

Debs M said...

wow well done, you're so much braver than me! great card for great charity x

Lorraine said...

What a great take on the sketch. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Karen said...

LOl, great card Louise and such a typical man.....lol. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Lisa said...

I've never made one of these types of card before but yours looks fab - well done.Liking the look of those papers.And buttons - who could resist?
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Great card for a man and a fab interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

WeirdCat said...

Great sketch interpretation, good card for a male of the species,thank you for joining I ♥ Promarkers this week
Ruth x

LISA said...

Brilliant, love it!!! Thanks for joining this week at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Hugs Lisa xx

Emma said...

Wow your card is gorgeous Louise, I love the style. Such adorable details and colours too.
Thank you so much for your support and donation, good luck with the challenge.
Hugs Emma x