Pages

Sunday 13 May 2012

I is for Icy Inspiration

I made a card last week for the ABC Christmas I is for Icy Inspiration challenge, but I have to admit, when I made it I hadn't looked at the inspirational photos.  Hence I thought I'd make another card, this time taking both the colours and the subject (penguins) from the photos.  I have followed the sketch from this weeks Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge and will also enter the card into this weeks CES (anything goes) and Cute Card Thursday (food or drink) challenges.

9 comments:

sweetbloominscraps said...

Louise, your wintery card is lovely! I always love Meljen's images! He's definitely a cutie! Love the silver you used on your card!
Judi SSW DT

Anonymous said...

Cute card love this penguin, Thanks for entering ABC Christmas challenge this time,
Good luck, hugs Samantha :0)

mulberry station said...

Wow, what a fun Christmas card. I love the silver trim and big snowflake. Your image is adorable. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Penguins are one of my favourites and this is a great addition to your Xmas stock.
Katie x

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card.
luv
Debby

Kathie said...

Hi Louise this is so so cute, I do love this image and your design papers and wonderful embellishments are just so perfect it's such a pretty blue you've used. Great card and thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Heide said...

ADORABLE! Love the silver paper and oh so cute image. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Sharon Basel said...

Louise this is so darn cute! You picked the perfect papers to compliment that darling penguin and I absolutely love that squiggly silver paper - what a great effect it has. And your huge snowflake is just perfect on here. A really great card!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

He's so adorable and I love the paper and that beautiful snowflake! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie