Pages

Friday 29 August 2014

Bowling Alf

I saw this DigiStamp Boutique image and thought (very bad of me to stereotype so much whilst card making- I'm not like that normally) of someone I know who is retiring soon. He won't be taking up bowls- or at least I doubt it.  Probably lawn bowls is much more of a young person's game anyway- it was in the Commonwealth games the other day wasn't it?
I had great fun colouring Alf and decided to make him into this fairly simple card.  Loving making the 'torn out page' look the last two weeks- hole punch and a pair of scissors not a punch or die so a bit handmade :-)
I will enter the card into this weeks Retro Sketches challenge.
 
I have to confess I don't know much about bowling or know anyone who does it and so you will have to excuse me if I have miscoloured the bowls themselves.  The sentiment can be found here
Visit the DSB shop before the end of the month to get Alf while he is on offer!
 

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

My inlaws are bowls nuts and would love this. I may have to indulge :oD Fab card Louise. Lx

Debs M said...

great card, well done on the improvisation for the torn card - looks fab x

Kathyk said...

FAB card, Louise. My husband used to bowl for his county and I seem to remember the bowls being either a very dark brown or black - they're made from lignum vitae wood (or certainly used to be).

Happy Friday

Kathyk