Pages

Sunday 23 February 2014

A late Wedding card

A family friend who I have known since I was a child (we used to live opposite each other for a while) got married last November.  I was due to go to the wedding and of course had promised myself that I would make them a special card (I haven't seen them for about 20 years now!).  It wasn't to be because I was too ill at the time, but I stuck to my promise and made the card today.  Better late than never, as they say.  Got to get moving as it is her brother's wedding in May and so another wedding card is needed...
I will enter this card into this weeks Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 challenge (the elements of the sketch are all present but moved around slightly- hope this is ok). 

8 comments:

Heide said...

Adorable! Love how the image comes off the oval. Beautiful work.
Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Joanna M. said...

What a gorgeous wedding card. Soo pretty! Thanks for sharing this with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
~Jo, SSW2-DT

Kathyk said...

It's a real sweetie and well worth waiting for. Good Luck with the other one too

Kathyk

Debs M said...

great card - I can never do the image out of the dies bit x

Kathie said...

Lovely wedding card Louise this is such a cute image and I just adore your beautiful design papers and embellishments perfect for this card. Great card thanks so much for joining us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Sally Dube said...

Louise this is gorgeous!! I adore the image and your papers and embellishments are so festive!! They will LOVE it!! So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2!!
Blessings to you!!
Sally SSW2

Linda Anderson said...

Awwww, this sure is adorable Louise. Quite a lovely wedding card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

Linda

Sharon Basel said...

This is a wonderful wedding card Louise! I love this LOTV image and your papers and details are so elegant. Thanks for joining us at SSW!
Sharon, SSW-DT