Pages

Sunday 6 November 2011

Warm and Cosy

This weeks CMLI challenge was set by Lauren- there was a sketch with the theme of 'warm and cosy'. I got this image given to me last year some time and thought it fitted the bill. For a change I decided to colour it with water colours rather than PMs. I am quite pleased with the result and it was fun for a change, although I don't see me giving up my PMs! I even got out the sewing machine and did battle with it to put some stitching round the edges. The rossette flower is one I made out of an off-cut of fabric. The papers and the distressing give the card a vintage-type look I hope. I will enter the card into this weeks ABC Christmas challenge ('V is for Vintage').
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

fantastic louise. well done for using that sewing machine and i love the flower embellishment you made.

Craftyrose said...

Gorgoeus Louise and very well done on the battle with your sewing machine!! Hope to see more of that soon! xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Louise, this is such a cute image, love the soft warm colours and fab LO. Hugs, Claire x

Miria said...

Lovely card, Louise! Thank you for joining ABC Christmas, Hugs, Miria x

Anonymous said...

Bute card LOVE this image such a sweetie, Thanks for coming to join us at ABC Christmas Challenge for our Vintage Challenge, I hope you can come play again soon you can enter as many times as you like per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Ps I have candy on my blog too!

Debs M said...

gorgeous papers and WAY TO GO on the watercolours, they look fantastic, the flower is gorg too x x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Awww this is so pretty! I love the image in water colours. Those layers against the scalloped card blank really sets it off.
Have a great weekend.
Katie x