Pages

Monday, 2 November 2015

Pirate Matchboxes

I think with all the ATBs that I have been making lately, I got the urge to have a go at altered matchboxes again too. This duo is made from part of a cereal box!
 I first made a masterboard stamping the skull and bones background in black ink.  Next came gloss varnish though a stencil, followed by flicks of green, blue and white acrylic (wiped back with a baby wipe).  I did the same on an old book page for the inside of the box (to hide the side of the cereal box which had writing on).
 I cut out and scored the match boxes, stuck in the inner 'lining' (book page) and assembled.
 The stamps (background and image) were a recent gift (thankyou Clare).  I saw matchboxes decorated with the head on the top and body in the drawer ages ago and always wanted to give it a go.  This image is perhaps a little big for it though, hence why I made a 'duo' set.
 The image has been coloured with promarkers and I added a few finishing touches of staples, stars and gems (treasure!).
Must have another go sometime.  Really enjoying this 'arty' stuff :-)
Post a Comment