Pages

Saturday 17 March 2012

No backing papers

This weeks CMLI sketchie was set by GDT Nicola and the theme was no backing papers.  I decided to make my own backing for a change by stamping this checked pattern in orange and then ditressing round the edge of the card in yellow.  I don't have distress inks and so I had to get creative and used water colour paints!  While I had them out I decided to colour the image in water colours for a change too.  It is not the best card I have ever made, but I had fun doing it and it is a little bit different to my norm.  
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

It may be a change from your norm but it's very cute Louise

Kathyk

Debs M said...

love the background stamp and i have that digi too! great spring card x

Clare Lloyd said...

louise, great to see you trying out some new techniques and the finished card looks fab!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

It's always good to stray from the norm every now and again. The bright yellow has certainly put a smile on my face. I love the water coloured image, I bought myself some which I'm dying to try some time!
Katie x