Pages

Friday, 24 December 2010

From Dad to Mum

Why is it that Dad waits until Christmas Eve each year to ask for a card for Mum? I know it is going to happen I guess and so can prepare in advance. This time though I wanted to make a card anyway today using my new Cuttlebug, so it was a good excuse. I have attempted a 'white on white' theme which I have done in the past for challenges and found very hard because I didn't have a diecutter to do lots of fancy embossing- so now I have one I want to make the most of it!!!! After embossing I sprayed the paper in Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle silver which I won from having my cards published in the letters pages of Cardmaking and Papercraft a few issues ago. I had never used it before (or anything similar) and am impressed by the results. It puts a fine glittery mist on the paper in a vanish so it can't come off. I sprayed into a box with the paper in the base so that I wouldn't go everywhere on the carpet. However, I would warn anyone who has not used it that it really, really smells! I think it should be done in a ventilated room as it smells like car paint and made me cough and so I had to open the window for a while a get chilly to be able to breathe! (Maybe somthing to use more in the summer when it is OK to have the window open.)
I will enter the card into the following challenges:
Pollycraft Monday- white Christmas (image is from Pollycraft and isn't it great?)
I love Promarkers- anything goes (image coloured with PMs)
Passion for Promarkers- anything goes (image coloured with PMs)
Stampfairy Challenge- anything goes
Post a Comment