Pages

Friday 24 December 2010

From Dad to Mum

Why is it that Dad waits until Christmas Eve each year to ask for a card for Mum? I know it is going to happen I guess and so can prepare in advance. This time though I wanted to make a card anyway today using my new Cuttlebug, so it was a good excuse. I have attempted a 'white on white' theme which I have done in the past for challenges and found very hard because I didn't have a diecutter to do lots of fancy embossing- so now I have one I want to make the most of it!!!! After embossing I sprayed the paper in Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle silver which I won from having my cards published in the letters pages of Cardmaking and Papercraft a few issues ago. I had never used it before (or anything similar) and am impressed by the results. It puts a fine glittery mist on the paper in a vanish so it can't come off. I sprayed into a box with the paper in the base so that I wouldn't go everywhere on the carpet. However, I would warn anyone who has not used it that it really, really smells! I think it should be done in a ventilated room as it smells like car paint and made me cough and so I had to open the window for a while a get chilly to be able to breathe! (Maybe somthing to use more in the summer when it is OK to have the window open.)
I will enter the card into the following challenges:
Pollycraft Monday- white Christmas (image is from Pollycraft and isn't it great?)
I love Promarkers- anything goes (image coloured with PMs)
Passion for Promarkers- anything goes (image coloured with PMs)
Stampfairy Challenge- anything goes

28 comments:

Emma H said...

Very pretty, I love all the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with Stamp Fairy

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Super cute

Thanks for joining us at Stamp Fairy Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x

Kathyk said...

Oh it's lovely Louise
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year

Kathyk

Clare Lloyd said...

such a great card and white on white definately calls for embossing! looks like you have enjoyed playing with your new crafty stash! merry xmas. x

mulberry station said...

Your card is beautiful Louise. I love the white on white. And I really like your glossy effect of the embossed paper. Congrats on having you cards published. That is a wonderful honor. I love how yu colored up your image and which is colored very well. And really love your added flower. Just a gorgeous card over all!
Thanks for joining us and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Nancy SSW-DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful.Happy christmas.

Lauren Hatwell said...

That is so sweet Louise. Happy Christmas to you. Lx

Arlana 11426 said...

Super sweet card. I bet your dad will love it . love the white on white combo. thanks for playing along @SSW!!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Fabulous card! The white on white is beautiful. I love the Cuttlebug embossing folders. Thanks so much for joining us at SSW! Merry Christmas!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Merry Xmas Louise, glad you liked the card :) Enjoy the festivities xx

Kathie said...

Oh ho ho Louise this card is just so pretty, I love the white on white and the embossing looks great, now you have your cuttlebug you won't be able to live without it!!! Your Mum will love this card.
Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW see ya soon.
Happy New Year
Hugs
Kathie SSW-Design Team

Kathie said...

I forgot to say I loved your flower.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Sharon Basel said...

Very pretty Louise. I never tire of a full white card when it's done like this with all the texture and sparkle. The darling image really pops and I love the flower. Thanks for joining us again at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
All the best,
Sharon
SSW-DT

pinky said...

Its a gorgeous little card, love the little image. Thanks for playing along at StampFairy this week.
Pinky

Linda Anderson said...

Totally adorable card!!! Love that sparkle and sheen the silver spray gave! Super cute image and what a great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda

Jackie Randolph said...

So cute!!
Thanks for joining us at StampFairy challenge!

Karen said...

I love this Louise, thanks for joining us again at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Joey said...

Hiya

Gorgeous card I love Kiki, thanks for joining us at pollycraft

Joey xx

Carissa said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us on the Stamp Fairy challenge. Hugs, Carissa

Jeannie said...

Very pretty and I love the snowman ribbon and all of the sparkle you added! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and be sure to visit us again soon!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Louise. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining our Mega Christmas Challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Louise, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
Have a wonderful 2011!

katesacraftybugger said...

very pretty card, my son always asks for a last minute card too !thanks for joining in our challenge at I ♥ promarkers this week -Kate x

Jackie Randolph said...

Love your beautiful card, I am sure your mom really liked it. Thanks for joining us at SSW this week.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What a doll! I just love the way you did her shading - so perfect!! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

coops said...

gorgeous card louise.the image is fab and i love the white on white look.
thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Julie said...

Oh this is so cute, Louise - love the coloured image against the white background! Thanks for joining in our mega challenge at PFP, Juliexx

Lorraine said...

That's really lovely. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.