Pages

Monday 18 July 2016

Happy Birthday Mum!

Mum asked for me to make her 'things' for her birthday, especially using my new sewing machine.  So I went to town.
1) Vintage Clutch Bag- pattern from Sew Inspired issue 3

 2) Bunting (fabric is from an old skirt!)
3) A card (well of course!).  Uses a DigiStamp Boutique image and my chicken-themed Nitwits papers (bought specially for making Mum cards as she is a fan of chickens.)
4) A 'Big Weekend' bag from the 'Learn to Sew with Lauren book.  I used fabric from Ikea for this and it is BIG!  Quite pleased with the result.  The only thing that went wrong was the zip for the hidden pocket inside ( I cut the opening too big, but it was my first attempt at that kind of zip).
 5) Two cushion covers inspired by an article in Issue 3 of 'Sew Inspired'.  These took me ages to make and were very difficult.  Not sure I like them now they are finished.  I suspect they will be put on a bed that never gets used ;-)
6) The 'Simple Summer Sleeveless' top from the learn to sew with Lauren book.  Maybe not the most fashionable fabric, but maybe it will be something to wear in the garden?  It was only for practicing anyway.  (Actually this is the second practice top as the first I made from an old duvet case was a disaster!).
7) Two more cushions.  I'm not pleased with the way these turned out.  The covers were made from Ikea fabric and a cut up pair of trousers!  I even fitted zips, but best not say much more about that....  (nearly another disaster!)
Do you think that will do???  I doubt Mum bargained on getting all these things ;-)  Happy Birthday x

2 comments:

Kathyk said...

All your projects look fab but I'm a big fan of that tote bag!

Kathyk

Clare Lloyd said...

Fabulous projects.