Pages

Monday 4 July 2016

Fabric Wreathes

I made a fabric decorated polystyrene wreath about a year ago while I was in hospital and really enjoyed it.  Since joining the Country Market at Bentley Heath I have been wondering if I should have a go at making a few more.  (Only so many wreathes you can have for yourself!)  So when I did my last wool order from Woolwarehouse (super store- I highly recommend it if you want wool online), I added three wreathes to my basket.
What to decorate them with?  Last time I had lots of ex-John Lewis fabric swatches to play with- sturdy material which was perfect for making the flowers.  This time I had to use scraps in my fabric supply, plus a few items of clothing which I had been worn to the end (t-shirts).
This is the smallest wreath (20cm diameter):
 As well as the rolled roses I have made in the past, I made a felt flower and a gathered rose (slightly different method).
 For this wreath (25cm diameter) I went with a purple theme.  The grey material is from a t-shirt (as was the yellow/white and orange/white striped material in the first wreath).  Being larger I added more buttons and some gems to this one.

 My third and final wreath resembles a haberdashery store slightly!  I got a 1kg of buttons from the Works and went a bit mad!  Lots of different fabrics in this one, plus yarn scraps.


1 comment: