Pages

Saturday, 18 October 2014

Earrings!

I saw this project on the PaperArtsy blog last week and was inspired to give it a go last weekend.  I find using shrink plastic difficult- it is one of those things that I see why other people do, get inspired and then when I try I realise why I rarely use it!  Saturday was another of those days :-(
I did try to make 2 pairs of earrings but the second pair broke: lesson one my stamps were too small, especially the place where I put the hole and ring in on the second pair.
Lesson two : use Staz on to stamp with and not anything else- I stamped with Memento ink first for this pair and it all came off with handling (trying to get the jump ring through the little hole I punched.
Lesson three: Glitter glue doesn't shrink up!  I was trying to add some sparkle like Wanda Hentges but don't have the same media.  Thought I would use glitter glue instead, but it bubbled up and stuck to the worktop (oops) when heated...  (obvious, but I didn't think it through!).
Anyway, as a first attempt these are the pair which survived:
Not perfect, but I think I will wear them in December, none-the-less.  I don't give up on these things though and so I do intend to have another go at making some more earrings at some point (having bought the fixings etc now, I may as well!)
Post a Comment