Pages

Monday 27 August 2012

Moos!

Clare is running a MOO swap on CMLI at the moment. I signed up and was greatly inspired by the moos that everyone else has made.  I think people are in general turning very 'arty' in their crafting.  As usual I am a million miles behind the trend and am yet to catch up.  For some reason I thought I'd attempt the moos from an arty perspective. They are very small (2.8cmx7cm!).  This is the first lot I made.  I kind of felt afterwards that I had cheated as they were so quick and so made a second batch.
 Needing to de-stress yesterday afternoon I got quite messy (for me at least) with these.  First a coat of white acrylic, then decoupatch, followed by embellishments, glitter and finally sparkly spray varnish.  I know I have a long way yet to go on the arty journey, but it was an enjoyable 'toe in the water'.
I'd recommend making a moo if you are up for a challenge.  They are different and makes you think hardder about what to do.  Good luck and enjoy!

5 comments:

Debs M said...

if you are far behind I have no chance of catching up!! Love your moos..you are giving me inspiration!
ps check my blog x

Kathyk said...

YAY, your MOOS are great Louise.

I think people like to try new things and what goes around will come around - this summer arty next summer? Who knows?

Happy Monday

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yay for messy moo's. These are great Louise. Lx

Clare Lloyd said...

They are fab Louise. X

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

These are fantastic Louise, I can see why it'd be a challenge to create something so small but you did a fab job!
Katie x