Pages

Saturday 25 February 2012

Monochrome snowman

This weeks CMLI challenge was set by Kathy- it was a sketch with the theme of monochrome.  I decided that I didn't want to make a black and white card (I don like making black and white cards but the sun was shining and I wanted to make something more colourful).  In the end I had a lot of fun with this card as I coloured the image with water colours for a change and then added lots of distressing.  I only have one distress ink pad though and it is pink and so here I have used blue water colour paint to distress with, as well as blue cosmic shimmer glitter paint and some faux stitching.  I am quite pleased with the result.
I will enter the card into this weeks ABC Christmas challenge (distressing), Willow Sketchie challenge (anything goes) and Pollycraft Monday challenge (ribbon and buttons).
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kathyk said...

And may I say how super your card is too - glad you liked the challenge this week

Kathyk

Claire said...

I love your card Lou, such a cute snowman and the card looks fab in this monochromatic look. Thanks for playing along with Willow Sketchie's Anything Goes challenge this week. Hugs, Claire x

Debs M said...

fabulous card, the watercolouring and cosmic shimmer looks great! fabby embossing folder too! x

Anonymous said...

Super card.Love all the frosty blue and shimmer.Perfect for your snowman.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh this is so sweet! Fab alyout & sparkle!

Thank you for sharing with us at Willow Sketchie this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Joey said...

Louise this is gorgeous, love the sparkle and design, thanks for joining us at Pollycraft. Joey x

Anonymous said...

Cute card LOVE snowy! fabby Distressing too, Thanks for entering our Challenge at ABC Christmas challenge this time, see you soon! hugs Samantha :0)

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - I {heart} Snowy!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge...hope you'll join us tomorrow for another fun challenge!
Helen x