Pages

Saturday 8 January 2011

Sketchie #1

This weeks sketchie on CMLI was set by Karen and the theme was 'pearls'. This is the first card I made for the challenge. The pearls perhaps don't go really with this card and I am a bit disappointed with it- I wanted the papers to be brighter and bolder but I didn't have any to use with me at uni. The image is a freebie from 'Some odd girl'. It is the first digi of theirs and first manga-style image which I have used.
I don't know about anyone else, but with all the Christmas cards at the end of last year I haven't made birthday cards for a while and really need some for this month!
I will also enter the card into this weeks I love Promarkers challenge (recycle- the red ribbon on the image panel is from a Christmas cracker and the yellow card used for matting was from a training course I went on where we were given traffic light coloured card to hold up in response to questions after watching a video).

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hi Louise great card and a really cute image. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.

Karen said...

HI Louise, this is cute! thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Tine said...

Hi Louise. Lovely card and well done at finding some space to hoard crafting stash whilst at uni - there is never enough room I know! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

WeirdCat said...

I think it looks fine and you're doing yourself an injustice, good luck with the PhD ( don't even understand the title, me and chemistry fell out very early on in high school!), thank you for joining us this week at I♥Promarkers
Ruth x

My name is Wynneth said...

Such a cute card Louise and fabulous recycling from you ! Don't be too critical of your creation it's fantastic ! Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x